Curly human hair extensions are a popular way to experiment with different styles and looks and to add length and volume to your natural hair. However, maintaining curly human hair extensions can be difficult, particularly if you’ve never worn them.
There are many different types of curly hair extensions available, such as:
- Loose Curly: This curl type is ideal if you want manageable curls. When installed, they look more at ease and have natural curls. They can be of various types and appear in an S pattern.
- Deep Waves: This is the ideal curly hair extension for women who want their curls to be thicker. It has features that are both denser and tighter. Compared to loose curly hair extensions, this curly extension is usually wider despite having a smoother and softer texture.
- Deep Curly: This style of curly hair extension is appropriate for women who have natural curls but lack the corresponding thickness. They can give your hair a lot of volume and deep circles. It gives your hair a more organic appearance.
- Aunty Funmi Hair: Black women are starting to favor this curly hair extension more and more. Often referred to as “bouncy curls,” they add a certain thickness and texture to your natural hair. It is a popular choice among women because it is so simple to maintain and draws attention from onlookers when you wear one.
- Kinky Curls: They work well to give your hair more volume. Perhaps it was made popular by celebrities like Oprah Winfrey. Thus, this is the ideal hairpiece for you if you want to channel that powerful black girl look.
- Pixie Curls: This is an additional bouncy, curly extension. It has a soft, velvety texture. There are variations in length, both short and long. The ladies appear stylish and at ease thanks to it.
- Baby Curls: This variety lives up to its name, resembling actual baby hair. It’s one of the most well-liked curly hair extensions among women. It has a fluffy and silky texture.
How to Maintain Your Human Hair Extensions That Are Curly
Regularly wash your hair extensions.
Curly human hair extensions require routine washings to remove product buildup, oil, and dirt, just like your natural hair. It would help if you took extra care to keep hair extensions hydrated because, unlike your natural hair, they do not produce oils to keep them moisturized.
Use a hydrating conditioner and a shampoo free of sulfates when cleaning your curly human hair extensions to help them stay moisturized. Make sure to gently detangle your hair by working your way up from the ends using a wide-tooth comb or your fingers. Refrain from rubbing or twisting your hair, which can lead to damage and frizz.
Give your hair extensions a deep clean.
Deep conditioning is a must if you want to keep your curly human hair extensions healthy and long-lasting. In addition to softening and restoring moisture, deep conditioning helps shield hair from breakage and tangles.
Apply a moisturizing hair mask or deep conditioner to your hair extensions and let it sit for at least half an hour or as long as the instructions. To aid the product’s penetration into the hair shaft, you can sit under a hooded dryer or wear a steam cap.
When styling, use a heat protector.
Using heat tools such as blow dryers, curling irons, and flat irons to style your curly human hair extensions can shorten their lifespan and cause damage. Always use a heat protectant spray or serum on your hair before using any heat tools to prevent heat damage.
Refrain from using excessive amounts of product.
Although it is tempting to use many hair products on your curly human hair extensions to accentuate their curls or add shine, it can weigh down the hair and lead to buildup. Alternatively, use a light leave-in conditioner or oil to maintain the moisture and shine in your hair.
Make sure to store your hair extensions properly properly.
Storage must be done properly to avoid tangling and matting and maintain the quality of your curly human hair extensions. Your hair extensions should be kept in a cool, dry place when not in use, preferably in a breathable bag or box. Plastic bags should not be used as they can retain moisture and encourage mold growth.
Regularly brush your hair extensions.
Regular brushing of your curly human hair extensions is essential to avoid matting and tangling. Starting from the ends and working your way up, gently detangle your hair using a wide-tooth comb or specialized extension brush.
Do not go to bed with wet hair.
Tangling, matting, and even mold growth can result from sleeping with wet hair extensions. Make sure your hair extensions are completely dry before bedtime to avoid this.
Obtain frequent haircuts
Hair extensions are subject to damage and split ends, just like your natural hair. Regular haircuts can keep your hair extensions looking lustrous and healthy by preventing split ends.
When using hair extensions, use gentle care.
Ultimately, to avoid damage and increase the longevity of your curly human hair extensions, it’s critical to handle them gently. When brushing or styling your hair, use caution and refrain from pulling or tugging on it. Your hair extensions will look better and last longer if you treat them with the same gentleness as your natural hair.